Deep Rooted in Oshkosh Since 1868
The grounded history of Roe Nurseries, Inc. began in 1868 when retired Civil War minister, Reverend John P. Roe moved to Oshkosh. He began Roe Nurseries, Inc. by cultivating grapevines and fruit trees. His son, James Roe, expanded the business until his son, John L. Roe took it over in 1930. Roe Nurseries, Inc. was then sold by Al and Mary Brinkman (Reverend Roe’s great-granddaughter) to Gary Heinzel, a fellow employee.
In 1978, Roe Nurseries, Inc. was recognized for its over 100 years of service by the United Way of Oshkosh, an organization that fights for the health, education and financial stability of the community. Gary Heinzel owned and operated the business until his grandson and current owner, Steve Heinzl adopted it in 2006.
With over 150 years of business, Roe Nurseries, Inc. has proven to be a quality and reputable business to Oshkosh, WI. In our efforts to give back, we have previously worked on a community-wide project called, Project Curb, which improves the curbs of local schools.